Of course, something would go wrong. The fan in one of the machines has died. We are also running into compatibility issues. Dave fears the hardware in the current machines may not be supported. Today, we discussed plausible alternative solutions. Red hat has provided us with a small amount of money that we could use to buy a couple of new machines to get up and running. Karl is also going to check with IT and see if they have any newer machines that we could use.
Meanwhile, Dave is going to see what he can do as far as software progress while we wait for a new hardware solution. He will switch around one of the nodes and the CLC and try to continue so little time is lost. I seem to be so busy with work at EMC, and numerous meetings that it has been very difficult to keep up with everything. I have a conference at the NSF next week during Spring break too. It feels like for every fire I put out, 3 more start.